Hey everyone. Hope you all are doing great.
Did you know there is a powerful spice powder at home, which has the power to solve most of your problems? Well you would know now.
2017 has literally been a DIY year, with people following DIYs relentlesly. And people going back to their roots, finding out about “organic and healthy stuff”. So keeping in mind the trend, lets talk about the magic ingedient…..
Yes, A yellow gold coloured powder the world is obessesed with today.
Well, this spice has been with us since ages.Turmeric appears in some of the earliest known records of plants in medicine. It was reportedly listed in the Ebers Papyrus from Egypt, for use as a dye and in healing wounds. This is one of the earliest surviving records of medicinal plant use. It is believed to have been cultivated in the Gardens of Babylon, which is one the seven wonders of the ancient world dating back to 250 BC.It has also been a major part of ayurveda, unani medicines. In Southeast Asia, especially India and Pakistan, it has been used in their cooking ever since. In weddings, they used to and still do believe if the bride is rubbed with a thick paste of turmeric on her skin, (or haldi in hindi) it will purify her skin as well as from the inside.
The uses include:
- Anti Bacterial , Anti Fungal
- Antibiotic, builds immunity
- Blood purifier and improves blood circulation
- Helps in body and skin detox
- Helps Indigestion and eases constipation
- Improves Metabolism
- Improves liver function
- Prevents ulcers
- Prevents diseases such as Alzheimer’s, cancers and other deadly infections
Lets check out some fun DIYs how we can use this ‘miracle’ spice with vast uses in our daily life to be healthy.
For Weight Loss – Turmeric Tea
- One Cup boiling water
- Half a teaspoon of turmeric powder
- A pinch of black pepper powder
- In a glass with boiling water, add turmeric power and black pepper powder.
- Cover the glass for about a minute so that It allows the ingredients to infuse with the water.
- Once luke warm, drink the tea.
- Have this drink for about five days a week and you will notice the difference in your belly.
Even your skin will look better. It actually glows. Trust me.
But it is important to have it for five days and then give a gap for two days in between. This will help you to balance the hot nature of the spice.
And it actually does not taste that bad!!
Immunity Boosting – Turmeric Latte
Most of the coffee shops are now serving what is called the turmeric Latte and
people are crazy about that golden milk.
(Source – Telegraph.co.uk)
I remember when we used to be sick as childen, my grandmother used to give us Haldi ka doodh (turmeric milk) to help us feel better. And trust me that one cup of warm golden milk would just give you tons of energy and make your throat feel soo much better (especially when you are having flu and sore throat)
Lets see how you can make one at home.
- One Cup Full Fat Milk (you can take any other kind of milk you want)
- One teaspoon of turmeric
- Half a teaspoon of fresh grated ginger
- One teaspoon honey
- Take the milk in a pan on low heat. Do not boil!
- Add the turmeric, ginger.
- Let it come to a boil.
- In the cup, add the honey. Pour the drink. Stir Well and sprinkle some cinnamon powder from top. Voila!
For Glowing Skin – Face Mask
(Source – pintrest.com)
- 2 teaspoons Turmeric
- 1 Teaspoon yougurt
- Half teaspoon honey
- Make a thick paste of all three ingredients and apply on face.
- Don’t worry as long as you are applying a thin layer it won’t stain your face. And if you are really cautious about the tinting of your skin, than don’t apply it if you have to go out soonish.
Dry Scalp – Nourishing Hair Mask
- Olive Oil
- If you have a itchy and dry scalp, before having a shower, take olive oil and turmeric mixture (depending on your hair lenght and thickness).
- For short hair you would take roughly half a cup olive oil and 2 teaspoons of turmeric.
- Apply it on your hair for 15 minutes before washing it off.
Other than the above uses, try to use TURMERIC in the things you can like add a dash in your early morning smoothie,as a garnish in your salads, use it as a marinating element for your meats, as a mouth rinser , use it as a disinfectent when you get a wound etc.
THIS IS ONE OF THE BEST SPICES FOR MOST OF THE THINGS, BE IT ADDING A DASH IN YOUR FOOD OR EVEN ADDING IT IN THE YOGURT AND HONEY FOR THE BEST FACE MASK RESULTS OR EVEN NOURISHING THE HAIR. THIS SPICE CAN SERIOUSLY DO SOME WONDERS !!
Do you know more uses of this miracle spice? Pls let us know!